About Jennifer Hedley
“I was honestly absolutely entranced by that image of ‘Nado The Indian Prince’.Anything that explores the spiritual in everyday life is something that appeals to me personally, and went a long way towards me looking into your show, and inevitably listing it as the number 1 on our Top 5. There really is a magical quality in that picture of the Indian boy.”
— Jan Flisek-Boyle, Audience Development Assistant, Whitechapel Gallery
Jennifer’s art has gained recognition from the London art scene. Her work is heavily influenced by her trip to India. This profound travelling experience introduced her to India’s diverse spirituality, culture and vibrant colours.
Viewers can see depth and understanding of human relationships, yet you can see hope and fragility.
Be seduced by the colours and layers and be mesmerized by the art piece you see before your eyes. You will develop an emotional connection with the work of delight and the work will enrich your life in some way. The portraits explore an emotional sense that you can see and feel the persons’ life journey and soul and essence. The landscapes enlighten the viewer and take you to a delightful and peaceful sanctuary where colours and textures immerse around you.
View her beautiful mixed-media work by category on the gallery pages and shop for original art.
Artist Statement and Biography
- BA (Hons) Fine Art
- PGCE in Secondary Education
Jennifer graduated with a BA (Hons) in Fine Art at UCA Canterbury in 2004. As part of her degree she studied as an exchange student at the Karnataka Chitrakala Parishath Art College in Bangalore, India. Jennifer is also a qualified Art and Design Teacher.
2014 (Up and coming)
- 'Boundless' Mixed-Media exhibition - Camden Image Gallery - 174 Royal College Street, London. NW1 OSP - 3rd - 14th August
- Published in 'Aesthetica' The Art & Culture Magazine - Issue 60 August/September - page 150
- 'Entwined' Portrait and Figurative Exhibition - Canden Image Gallery - 174 Royal College Street, London. NW1 OSP - 7th - 18th Sep 2014
- 'Crossing Places' Ashford Visual Artists Exhibition at Horsebridge Gallery, Whitstable 24th - 30th September
- ‘Open Summer Show’ at Creek creative in June and ‘Salon Des Refuses 2014’ 25-28 Field Street, Kings Cross, London June 2014
- ‘Spring Forward’ Art Exhibition – Creek Creative, Faversham.
- Parallax Art Fair – Chelsea Town Hall, London
- Ashford Festival of Arts and Technology
- Happenstance Roof Garden Art Party – leading artist participating, Hoxton, London
- Ashford Visual Artists – West End House exhibition, Smarden
- Salon Des Refuses – Hoxton Gallery, London. Painting got voted number 11 in the top 12 paintings voted at the Salon Des Refuses 2013
- Art Exhibition – Godinton House
- ‘Shift’ Solo exhibition – One Hundred Gallery, Hoxton
- ‘Nado the Indian Prince’ used on the FirstThursdays Whitechapel Website in September 2012
- ‘Nado the Indian Prince’ got shortlisted for the Royal Academy’s Summer exhibition in 2012
- Salon Des Refuses – Hoxton Gallery, London. Painting got voted number 12 in the top 12 paintings voted at the Salon Des Refuses 2012
- Art in Ashford – Art exhibition at St Mary’s Church Ashford
- ‘Indianlights’ Solo Art exhibition – article written in Kentish Express newspaper
- Art exhibited on Saatchi Online
- Graduated with Secondary Art PGCE with teaching 11-18 year olds
- Artist in Residence at Minster College funded by Widening Participation
- Selected for the Pizza Express Prospects Art competition
- ‘Flash Machine’ in Ramsagte IOTA Gallery
- Margate Rock Festival exhibition
- South East Open Studios